Mar 22, 2007

The Move


Me, originally uploaded by threee_3e.

Well presumably you knew about my old blog, The Threee Files, and upon reading that it has moved you followed the link here.

Why the switch?

Well there are many reason for the new blog, the new name, and the new layout. I started the old blog March 2005, damn that's 2 years ago, wow. A lot has changed since back then, mainly I decided that photography was what I wanted to do with my life, I got into Ryerson University to study photography, and I became a freelance photographer (working as an event photographer from time to time). I've learned a lot through all this, mainly realizing that I know very little about image-making and that there is far more too it than simply pointing the camera and hitting the shutter.

For a while I juggled around various templates for my blog, never really being satisfied. In the last couple of months I hated the way my photos looked online and new posts grew fewer and fewer. Part of the problem I think is that I set too many restrictions on my self and second guessed what to post, which resulted in a shitty, boring blog.

I decided to make a completely new blog, a fresh start, with a cleaner look and free from all the old restrictions that I set upon myself. Now I will post anything and everything, photos by me, by other photographers, random cool things I find, thoughts, ideas, some of my sketches... that's right I draw too.

So there it is, tell everyone you know about my new blog and leave comments telling me what you think of whatever it is I post.

Also if you previously linked to my blog on your site please change it to this blog.

Cheers, and enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it.