Apr 7, 2007

Dez Bara-Assi : Fashion Designer

Dress by Dez Bara-Assi | Photo by Kristen Landry

I recently had the pleasure of attending, Virtues and Vices, a fashion show featuring the designs of second year students from Ryerson University's fashion design program. For those who know me, probably know my love hate relationship with fashion. I like fashion, I just think that there are a lot of miss-guided people in the fashion industry. I don't claim to be an expert or anything, that's just my own, perhaps uninformed, opinion.

I do greatly enjoy good, fresh talent regarding pretty much anything. Truthfully I was amazed at the work of second year student's and I'd like to say I was blown away. A friend of mine, who I met last semester, Dez Bara-Assi, invited me to this event, and it was his first time having his work in a fashion show, and I think he left everyone in awe. His dress (seen above) was the favourite of many, and his hard work and countless hours were clearly visible in the top notch, design and execution, of the gown.

The Ryersonian wrote up a nice article on him and the show, which can be found here. I wish the best of luck to you Dez and can't wait to see what you come up with next. Cheers.

No comments: